Startup of the Year 2018
As we hit the halfway point of 2018, we’re happy to report that Awake Security was named a winner in the 13th Annual 2018 Network Product Guides IT World Awards®. Awake was recognized in several categories:
- Gold Winner – Startup of the Year 2018
- Silver Winner – Best IT Company of the Year (Information Technology Vendor of the Year)
- Bronze Winner – Best IT Product or Service (Security Software New or Upgraded Version)
This annual award program recognizes achievements of the world’s best in organizational performance, products and services, hot technologies, executives and management teams, successful deployments, product management and engineering, customer satisfaction, and public relations in every area of information technology. More than 80 judges from around the world and across a broad spectrum of industry voices scored nominations for these categories, and their average scores determined the 2018 award winners.
Awake’s recognition stemmed from our ability to automate security teams’ expertise and build it into software that helps them identify and protect the organization’s highest-risk assets. As malware protection systems on the network and endpoint have improved, attackers have moved to sustaining themselves by relying on compromised credentials, existing system tools, etc. This means that security teams must now look for malicious intent that blends with business-justified activity. Unfortunately, most security teams are not properly equipped for this and struggle to detect these kinds of threats. Awake Security codifies deep expertise and combines it with machine intelligence to address these challenges and transform security operations.
The award win further validates our position as a company poised to successfully accelerate a security teams’ ability to detect threats, including file-less malware, malicious insiders, credential abuse and lateral movement.
This is the 5th recognition that Awake has been awarded this year, with other notable accolades including:
- 2018 Cyber Defense Magazine (CDM) InfoSec Awards; winner of the Security Investigation Platform (Next Gen) category
- 2018 Info Security Products Guide (ISPG); honored in the Startup of the Year (Gold), Cyber Security Vendor Achievement of the Year (Gold), Most Innovative Security Product (Software) of the Year (Silver), and Best Security Software (New or Updated version) (Bronze) categories
- 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards; honored in the Security Investigation Platform (Gold), Forensics (Bronze), and Threat Hunting (Bronze) categories. Additionally, honored as a finalist in the Best Cybersecurity Startup and Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company (between 10 and 49 employees) categories, as well as the Security Analytics, Network Security, and Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response categories
- 2018 RSAC Innovation Sandbox; honored as a top 10 “most innovative startup”
Dig Deeper with These Resources
Awake Security 2 Minute Explainer Video
What if security could think? What if it could sense danger, calculate risk, and react quickly based…
The Internet’s New Arms Dealers: Malicious Domain Registrars
This report dives into the results of a multi-month investigation that uncovered a massive global surveillance campaign…