The Information Awake Collects.
- User-Provided Information. You may provide to Awake what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, e-mail address, postal mailing address, work or mobile telephone number, or demographic information) when using the Site, such as when you submit forms, provide comments to a blog, call or otherwise communicate with Awake, create a profile, or upload data.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Awake may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), UDID, or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Site, the pages you view on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit the Site.
The Ways Awake Uses Information.
Awake uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site now and in the future, including the following:
- We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.
- Awake uses the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality, including by saving such data to programs such as Hubspot, Marketo and SFDC.
- Awake may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Site; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Site and third party marketing activities; (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Awake may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send (a) messages about the Site, such as when you receive a message, comment, or request from another user, (b) promotional messages related to the Site and the activities of third parties we work with, and (c) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the Site or certain content available on the Site. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications through links provided in such messages.
When Awake Discloses Information.
Awake is not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing, providing, and maintaining the Site and operating our business, including:
- Awake works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- The Site may enable users to communicate in a variety of ways, such as posting of comments, messaging features, and the like. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to submit through such a feature will be available to other users who have access to that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Awake may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
- Awake may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or where Awake determines that such action is necessary or useful to comply with applicable laws, to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise support or cooperate with judicial or law enforcement activity.
- Awake works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Awake and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Awake, our users, or others.
In the Event of Merger or Sale.
In the event that all or a portion of Awake or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personal information, in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with Awake, in which case Awake may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Site. We may retain information you submit for a variety of purposes, as described under the heading “Data Retention”, below. Please note also that once you have shared information with others through the Site, it may be re-shared by the recipients, and your subsequent modification or removal of that information will not necessarily affect all copies previously propagated by others.
We will retain your data for as long as needed to provide you services. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where possible (and subject to the foregoing), we generally remove your data from active user databases promptly upon request, but a longer period may be required to delete other copies stored on our servers. Note that we do not delete from our servers files that you have in common with other users, and that we may retain archival copies of all of your data stored in connection with routine information technology backups.
Third Party Services.
The Site contains links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Site. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
The technology systems underlying the Site are located within the United States and other jurisdictions, and the Terms are governed by United States law. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and other jurisdictions for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Site you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Awake Contact Information.